69 chevy nova

69 chevy nova

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bad Gas!!

My wife drove the 69 Nova again and had to put some gas in and she got gas at the shell station on Mile hill Port Orchard Wa. and it started to run so bad that she could barely get it in the garage. after changing out the fuel pump and taking the edelbrock carb apart and cleaning it still would not run right. I then was given a quadra jet carb. and it ran again but not good enough. every time I put the car in gear it died. Finally I decided to totally rebuild the edelbrock and drain the gas tank then refill it that did the trick. now it runs great and we have been driving it all over for the past 3 weeks. Now we are working on getting a B&M megashifter and a msd 6al box. Thanks for reading

PS don't get gas at the shell station on Mile hill across from the armory. at least I Wouldn't take the chance of getting crapy gas. I have also heard from at least 4 people that they or someone they know has had the same problem with there gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment